FOODIE NOTEBOOK: FEBRUARY



 Each month I share my favourite foodie finds. I'd love to hear your recommendations too!

Cardiff

I haven't been back long enough to visit all the new (ish) places that opened in my absence. Depot is one such place. We went along for some tacos, tequila and Attack! wrestling.

The Unique

A year or so ago a friend and I were looking for a wedding gift and found a trove of Herb Lester maps at a Granville Island market stall. We gifted the newlyweds with a Paris guide, which they took on their honeymoon.

I was thrilled to later discover Herb Lester also designed food maps of London, New York and this handy guide to reading Italian, Spanish and French menus.

The New York map gave me a brilliant travel mantra:"Because there's no one to stop you." Perhaps I could apply that to life in general? Well, until the new council tax bill arrives.

Books

Seattle? Pizza? Sign me up! Delancey by Molly Wizenberg
Hard work and dedication goes far in Bon Appetempt by Amelia Morris
Taking a chance in Paris with The Sharper your Knife, The Less you Cry by Kathleen Flinn

Podcasts

I love all things Seattle including Spilled Milk, the hilarious Seattle-based food podcast.

TV

You'll usually find me at home watching Wahlburgers, which always elicits the response "what the hell is Whalburgers?!" To which I reply "it's an awesome show about the Wahlbergs and their burger restaurant and sometimes the real Johnny Drama is in it."

Online

Ina & Jeffery Garten are #goals. The Food Network looks at their amazing life together.



Comments

Popular Posts